If you're thinking of selling your home, there are a few things you can do to make it look more valuable. No matter what condition the house is in, these tips will help increase property values and get top dollar for it on the market.
Here are 30 ways you can increase the value of your home.
1. Update your kitchen by installing new countertops.
2. Add wainscoting below the windows, which creates a balance between light and dark colors when decorating the space.
3. Add new fixtures to your bathrooms, such as a toilet seat cover, a new mirror, or a vanity.
4. Update the banister and staircase with stain or paint to make it feel like a fresh start for any potential buyers.
5. Spruce up the landscaping by adding plants, flowers, and trees. Trimming bushes and pruning dead branches also help keep things tidy outside.
6. Keep rooms clean of clutter. A messy space can pose an obstacle for prospective buyers who want to imagine themselves living in the home. 7. Provide more closet space for clothing, shoes, and anything else that needs a home.
8. Create an inviting living room by adding furniture, like end tables or coffee tables, to the space.
9. Switch outdated curtains and blinds with something modern and fresh. This could be as simple as switching out colors from light shades to dark shades or vice versa, depending on how you plan to decorate your windows.
10. Deep clean all appliances and make sure they work properly if you're planning to leave them.
11. Take care of any cracks in the driveway and fill in potholes if there are any.
12. Paint or replace your front door. This is an inexpensive way to give it a fresh new look that will impress prospective buyers!
13. Add or replace shutters on windows for added curb appeal.
14. Create more space by adding extra cabinets, shelving units, and closets to unused spaces like unfinished basements or attics where you can store things out of sight but still have access to them when needed later.
15. Replace damaged or outdated flooring with new laminate, hardwood, or carpet to make it feel like a brand-new home.
16. If you're not replacing your flooring, hire a company to deep clean the carpets, refinish the hardwood, or recoat the laminate with a floor sealer and high-gloss floor finish.
17. Update the trim on your windows and doors so they match in color—this includes things such as window frames, door jambs, and moldings around exterior entryways if you have them installed.
18. Swap out the hardware on the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen and bathrooms. 19. Resurface and paint the cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms if replacing them is not in the budget.
20. Power wash your house to remove years of dirt and weather residue.
21. Give the walkway of your home a pop of light by installing outdoor solar lighting. 22. Install smart technology. Investing in products that allow your house to become a smart home can quickly increase the value without doing any renovations. 23. Check the insulation in the attic to ensure the house is properly insulated. 24. Update your old garage door. This is especially true if the garage is in the front of the house. A new garage door can instantly provide your home with a facelift.
25. Organize your garage to make it appear like a functional workspace or area for the new owners to park their cars. To make it really pop, go a step further by painting the floor with acrylic paint.
26. Install new faceplates on electrical outlets and light switches.
27. Replace the light fixtures in your home with recessed lighting. Recessed lighting will instantly make your house appear brighter.
28. Install new faucets in the kitchen and bathrooms. A new faucet can give the space an instant wow factor.
29. Don't have the funds to replace that old tub? Simply re-glaze it to leave buyers looking at a sparkling white place to relax and escape.
30. Spend a day deep cleaning and re-grouting the showers. Re-grouting the showers is a fast and easy way to make your bathroom feel brand new.
The best way to make your home appear valuable is by making it look new again. No matter what condition the house is in, these tips will help increase property values and get top dollar for it on the market. If you've been considering selling your home, be sure to contact me to set up your free consultation.